Introducing the resonating book of Love featured in this week’s MaiStoryBook Library Collection:
“LOVE” by Matt de la Pena and Loren Long
Book Synopsis and Review
From the moment you are born~ you have *love* in your life. From the sound of the melodic voices~ whispering above your cradle ~ to the music tinkling from the bouncy taxi ride ~ to the stars shining in dark night sky ~ to the raindrops and puddles that follow your footsteps as you set off on your own life journey ~ *You are surrounded by love.* Just as you will always love, you will always be loved. And even when the world may seem frightening, and anger and fear crowd out any other feelings ~ Keep your heart open, love will find its way to you.
This book was just released last month by an author and illustrator power team~ featuring the award-winning author, Matt de la Pena, *the author of Last Stop on Market Street – our read aloud from a couple weeks ago* and best selling illustrator Loren Long , author and illustrator of our beloved Otis books. These two have come together to create visionary story of Love~ a tender tale that will play a lullaby of love on your heart strings. The author’s words resonate with our own experiences, while Loren Long’s illustrations fill your eyes and minds with wonder. It is the perfect book for reminding us that love takes many different forms, and always surrounds us. You are loved, and don’t you ever forget it!
- Echo (p. 7) when you hear a sound repeat over and over, getting softer each time
- Huddled (p. 14) crowded closely together
- Rustling (p. 24) a soft, crackling sound
- Beacons (p. 28) a bright light used to show you the way
- Congregate (p.31) come and gather together
- Love comes in many different forms, shapes, and sizes. Remember, you are always surrounded by love.
- Love connects us together. Whether we are near or far apart, our love keeps us bonded together.
YouTube Video: Guided Shared-Reading Read Aloud Example
Example of a shared-reading, interactive Read Aloud of “LOVE” – how to subtly introduce the vocabulary list words within the text, ask guided questions, and spark conversation!
*~Check it Out~*
Subscribe: MaiStoryBook Youtube Channel for additional read aloud videos!
Follow: MaiStoryBook on Vimeo for additional read aloud videos!
*This is Love* Mirror Craft
*Unconditional Love* ~ the most precious, priceless, and powerful gift to bestow~ and to receive. To be loved with no hesitation, doubt, or questions~ to be loved even at your worst, just the same as when you are at your best~to be loved because you are you and you are worth loving. That sense of security and safety~ of knowing you have love, and love will always be there~ If there is one gift I can bestow to my own future little ones, that is what I will give them *unconditional love.* And to all of those who gift their own unconditional love, all of the admiration to you~ for to give love unconditionally is no easy feat. To see past that which may cloud the shiny, sparkly, heart and soul that you fell in love with at first sight, takes trust and faith~ to undoubtedly believe that they deserve love and you deserve to love them. Take this month to reflect on the love we give and take. And to help you and your little one acknowledge and find all of the love in your own lives, spend and afternoon creating your very own *This is Love* Mirror Craft. Prepare for an afternoon of strumming on your heartstrings, and remembering, that you are love, and you are loved.
- Card stock Paper (sturdy paper~ any size you want your craft to be)
- Mini handheld mirror
- Hot glue gun
- Glitter Glue
- Decorations (optional)
- Take your piece of card stock paper and use the hot-glue gun to glue on the handheld mirror to the middle of the paper. Allow to dry.
- At the top, write *This is LOVE*. Write it our for little ones who cannot yet write, or write it fairly for them to trace. You can also trace the outline for the word LOVE, and let them color it in.
- Next, surround the mirror and decorate with things and people you love, or that represent love to you.
*Use the following prompts to help you decorate:
- Decorate with stickers of things you love or love to do, and glitter glue
- Who is love? ~ family members and relatives, pets, animals,
- What do you love to do? What things do you do that are filled with love?
- Draw~ what does Love smell like, taste like, sound like?
- Help your little one label if they want to.
Enjoy Your *This is Love* Mirror Craft
- Hang up the craft in your room to remind you, overtime that you walk by it and catch your reflection in the mirror, that *you are love*
- Hang it in your room to remind you of all the love you have in your life, and all of the love you give and receive
- Share your craft with loved ones, to help share and spread the love. Each person who looks at the craft will see their now reflection and know that *they, too are love.*
*~Overall, have fun creating your own *This is Love* Mirror Craft, and I hope you and your little ones *love* this beautiful representation of the love in your life! Please comment below – tag me on Instagram @MaiStoryBookLibrary – or post on FaceBook to share your photos of your own *This is Love* Mirror Crafts and your own reading adventures! I’d love to hear from you!~*
*Check Back on Next Friday for our New Reading Adventure*
*~Until next time, Happy Reading~*